“For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” This is a great mystery, but I speak in reference to Christ and the church.
Congratulations! Below you will find some information about what you need to know about scheduling a wedding at Our Lady of Wisdom.
- Couples must contact the business office at least 9 months prior to the anticipated wedding date.
- Active, registered parishioners and active UL students who wish to be married at Our Lady of Wisdom are required to participate in our 6-month couple-to-couple mentoring program for marriage preparation.
- Parishioner fees for use of Our Lady of Wisdom Church are as follows, and are payable at the time the church is reserved. The fee includes the marriage assessment, marriage preparation, music consultation, rehearsal and wedding coordination and church rental:
- Wedding fees for registered, tithing parishioners who are faithfully involved in the life of the parish will be $375. (Must be registered at least one year prior to reserving date for wedding.)
- Fees for parishioners who have been registered for less than one year and/or have no record of tithing or faithful service will be $575.
- Non-parishioners who wish to marry at Our Lady of Wisdom must have the priest who will marry them contact the OLOW business office at least 9 months prior to anticipated wedding date.
- Marriage preparation for non-parishioners is the responsibility of the priest who will marry them.
- Non-parishioner fees for use of Our Lady of Wisdom Church are $750, and are payable at the time the church is reserved. The fee includes the music consultation, rehearsal and wedding coordination and church rental.
- Please note that the Diocese of Lafayette requires participation in an Engaged Encounter retreat.
- The use of our Church Hall (Jeanmard Hall) is only available for couples marrying at Our Lady of Wisdom Church (fees: (pending) damage deposit, rental fee: (pending), due at the time of contract signing).
- Contact the OLOW Business Office, 337.232.8742, firstname.lastname@example.org
To download a copy of Our Lady of Wisdom’s Wedding Guidelines, click here.
Other Marriage-Related Information
For Information from the Diocese of Lafayette on marriage preparation and marriage counseling, click here.
Information about Couples Retreats
- Marriage Encounter
Victor and Mary Blair: 1-800-586-5469
- These retreats are offered for married couples to experience marital enrichment and spiritual growth. These weekend-long experiences are designed for couples to dialogue in private about themselves, the vitality of their marriage, their marital relationship as it relates to God, and their marriage in the context of the world community. For more information, please call Victor and Mary Blair.
James and Karen Broussard: 337.991.9627 or 1.800.470.2230
- This program is designed to help heal and renew troubled marriages or marriages that are on the brink of divorce. The word “retrouvaille” simply means “rediscovery”. The program offers you the chance to rediscover yourself, your spouse, and a loving relationship in your marriage. It consists of a weekend and several follow-up sessions. During the weekend, a series of in-depth presentations are given to you and other couples like yourselves. Each presentation, given by one of three married couples and a priest, focuses on a specific aspect of marital renewal. After each presentation, you will have a chance to reflect on it by yourself before discussing it with your spouse in complete privacy. This program is designed for couples seeking a more fulfilling and holy marriage and who are wiling to try to put the past behind them to work at rediscovering each other in new and positive ways.